The Department of Calibration Support and Quality is a link between NMCC and the customers. It is responsible for all transactions, correspondence and logistics needed for NMCC to deliver the demanded services. The responsibility of the Calibration Support and Quality Department is to receive customers, respond to their requests and answer their inquiries satisfactorily while maintain customer confidentiality. It is also responsible for submitting technical and financial quotations, concluding calibration contracts, and coordinating the implementation of contracts according to the agreed time schedule.
The department seeks to improve the quality of the services provided by NMCC through continuous communication with customers to obtain feedback about the level of their satisfaction of the services provided. Any complaints raised by customers are received and forwarded by the Quality Manager to the Director General of NMCC who shall give instructions for through investigation. The aim is to eliminate the reasons of the raised complaints and ensure that they will not be reoccurred in the future in order to keep continuous improvement of the quality system implementation and full compliance with the requirements of the international standard (ISO / IEC 17025).
The department also coordinates the proficiency testing programs (PT) in accordance with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17043 in cooperation with the concerned NMCC laboratory. NMCC provides the PT service to help applicant and accredited calibration laboratories in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Gulf Countries assure the quality of their calibration results. The department has already implemented a number of PT programmes in the field of thermometry, pressure, electrical calibration and other programmes will follow.
Responsibilities of the Calibration Support and Quality Department:
- Receiving the NMCC customers and dealing with their calibration requests.
- Guiding customers to fill the "Calibration Request Form" and passing the request to the concerned laboratory, then follow up until the calibration is finished and certificate is ready.
- Preparing the calibration invoices and setting the time for calibration to be performed then communication with customer for invoice approval before starting calibration.
- Receiving the instruments to be calibrated, inspect them visually, fill the Form of Receipt and then take the instrument to the concerned calibration laboratory.
- Receiving the calibrated instruments back from the concerned calibration laboratory and keeping them.
- Communication with customers for the delivery of the calibrated instruments and the calibration certificates.
- Following up on customer complaints and comments concerning the delivered calibration service and taking the necessary actions to correct calibration errors (if any).