It is the department in SASO which implement and follow up research and studies, inventory and disseminate knowledge inside SASO's departments and for the beneficiaries from outside the SASO.
The Public Administration Department of Research and Studies consists of the following departments:
Based on the tasks assigned to SASO related to conducting studies and research to ensure the suitability of the Saudi standard specifications and finding appropriate solutions that impede the application of quality. As well as, in belief in the importance of scientific research in developing and updating the Saudi standard specifications. SASO established a specialized center in the field of research and studies to prepare research and studies in cooperation with the technical departments of SASO and supervising on research in order that SASO carries out its duties in all fields.
- Conducting specialized studies concerned with consumer service, awareness, and maintenance of health and safety.
- Conducting studies and research on some commodities and products to serve the national industry in cooperation with the beneficiary companies and institutions, and developing appropriate solutions for that.
- Conducting studies and research aimed at updating the approved Saudi standards specifications, technical regulations and methods of testing them in line with the latest technologies.
- Finding appropriate solutions for problems that may appear from time to time in some commodities and products.
- Working on exchanging experiences by forming research teams from SASO and other bodies.
Supporting graduation projects.
- Study research topics.
Scientific Research and Studies Abstracts:
To view the scientific research and studies abstracts, click (here).
In light of increasing the importance of establishing knowledge within institutions recently. It is necessary to focus on increasing awareness of the concept of knowledge means and tools and developing them, as the expected return from adopting knowledge management practices is focused on the importance of conducting qualitative research and studies, as it is the organized management of knowledge assets in SASO with the aim of creating value additive and meeting strategic needs. It includes all initiatives, processes, and systems that work to produce, acquire, classify, store, disseminate, use/reuse knowledge.
Knowledge Management Tasks:
- Preparing, developing, and updating an integrated methodology for knowledge management, in line with the strategy and objectives of SASO.
- Preparing, applying, and updating policies and procedures related to knowledge management.
- Designing and implementing initiatives related to knowledge management and monitoring the level of their achievement
- Knowing the best local and international practices in the field of knowledge management in order to update and develop the work method.
- Conduct knowledge diagnostics to determine strengths and areas for improvement, also to identify the knowledge gap.
- Disseminating and promoting the culture of knowledge management and institutional learning, using appropriate and different means of communication for dissemination and knowledge sharing.
- Cooperating with other departments in SASO to ensure the achievement of knowledge management goals.
- Honoring and motivating employees who contribute to generating and sharing knowledge in SASO.