This management is concerned with setting priorities in preparation of technical regulations through requests of concerned bodies, results of market surveys conducted by the Management of Follow-up and Incidents Monitoring, as well as international practices, including the experiences of other countries in this field.
• Studying the status of prioritization in preparation of technical regulations and establishing a list of priorities.
• Developing a plan for technical regulations preparation.
• Preparing, updating and withdrawing draft technical regulations in coordination with relevant competent authorities through the sub- committee of conformity.
• Representing SASO in the Steering Committee of Conformity, in the Gulf Committee of Conformity Verification, and other relevant committees.
• Carrying out the work of the Secretariat of the Steering Committee of Conformity.