The center was established by SASO’s Board of Directors Decision No. (165) dated 10/21/1439 AH. The center is concerned with building an integrative work system only between national bodies. In order to exchange information on occurrence of consumer products (non-food and pharmaceutical), which cause harm to the health and safety of consumers. In addition, makes recommendations regarding them, and seeking to spread awareness among consumers about the risk of these products, by warning about it on the external page of the system.
The Tasks of the Center:
- develop an integrated system of action among the national organizations members in monitoring (non-food, pharmaceutical and agricultural products), and early warning about their risks in accordance with international best practices.
- Facilitating rapid and reliable communication to exchange information on incidents and risks of unsafe products between national authorities through (RASID) electronic platform, to ensure appropriate action is taken.
- Creating an electronic database that include the results of analyzing the causes of occur and risks associated with unsafe products, classifying them, and issuing related technical reports, outputs that the legislative and regulatory bodies benefit from to raise the level of safety and confidence in the Saudi market.
- Contribute to preventing unsafe products from entering the Saudi market through early warning.
- Raising awareness among consumers by disseminating information and statistics on unsafe products.
- Development of a Rapid Alert System for unsafe products.
- Contributing to the development of the national economy by raising the level of quality and safety of products in the Saudi market.