Usage of SASO's Portal:
Saudi Standards Metrology and Quality Organization's Portal (hereinafter also referred to as SASO's portal or “the portal") is available for personal use. The access and use of this Portal are subject to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia's applied laws. In addition, accessing this portal is considered an unconditional approval to the terms and conditions of usage whether you were a registered user, or not. This approval should be enforced as of the date of your first use of this Portal. As clarified on the Portal's vision and mission, one of its most prominent objectives is to increase outreach to the public and provide a various range of information and services that help enriching the Portal's visitors and explorers about SASO.
Usage of this Portal involves a number of terms and conditions that are constantly updated as may be required. Any amendment or update of these terms and items should be enforced immediately as soon as it is approved by the Portal's Administration. Therefore, you should review the Usage terms and Disclaimer principles constantly in order to know any update related to amendments, given that continuity of using this Portal means you have fully viewed and accepted any amendments made to the Portal's terms and items; bearing in mind that these terms and items involve intellectual property rights. Further, the Portal's Administration is not required to announce any updates made to these terms.
- By using SASO Portal, you agree to refrain from the following:
- Providing or uploading files that contain software, materials, data, or other information that is not owned by you, or you are not licensed to use them.
- Using this Portal in any way to send any commercial or undesirable e-mail or any misuse of this sort for SASO's Portal.
- Providing or uploading files on this Portal that contain viruses or damaged data.
- Publishing, announcing, distributing, or circulating materials or information that contain defamation, law violation, or pornographic, indecent, and against Islamic rulings or code of ethics materials; or any illegal materials or information via SASO Portal.
- Engaging via SASO Portal in illegal or unlawful activities in Saudi Arabia.
- Reporting any violations of the applicable law in any field on the service or products at SASO Portal.
- Using any tools, software, or procedure to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper operation of SASO Portal.
- Conducting any acts that may impose unreasonable, large, or disproportionate load on the infrastructure of SASO Portal.
Links to/from SASO Portal:
- Using links to the Portal, except as set forth below; copying or transferring any of SASO's content, creating any electronic links related to SASO, or displaying these links in a frame is prohibited.
- Links to SASO's Portal can be posted on other sites that do not conflict with its objectives and general orientation with the objectives, policies, and frameworks of SASO's Portal.
- Under no circumstance shall SASO be considered associated or affiliated in any manner with any insignia, logs, or trade or service marks that appear on websites linked to this Portal or any of its contents.
- SASO reserves all its rights to disable and impede any links of any site that contains inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, pornographic, indecent, or unlawful topics, names, materials, or information that violate any law or intellectual property rights.
- SASO reserves the right to disable any unauthorized links in whatever form that and does not bear responsibility for the contents available on any websites reached by links to or from this Portal.
- Links for other Portals and/or websites are provided for facilitating the visitor's experience. We are not responsible for the content or reliability of the Portals and/or sites to which we link, and we do not endorse their contents. Thus, the use of any of these links to access those sites or Portals is at your own risk. As we aim to replace the broken electronic links - which do not work - with other websites and since we do not have control over those links, we by no means guarantee that these links will always function.
We are exerting all possible efforts to check and examine the contents of this Portal at every stage of the production, and we recommend that you always run an anti-virus program on all materials downloaded from the Internet since SASO is not held liable for any loss, disruption or damage to your data, computer or any device used for browsing, which may occur whilst connecting to this Portal or using material derived from this Portal. This sort of damage may happen during your connection to this Portal or when using material received from this Portal.
Limitation of liability:
The electronic services offered by the electronic Portal of SASO via the Internet and the information obtained in respect of various governmental departments and bodies are provided only to facilitate manual procedures. Having said that, you acknowledge your full awareness that internet communications may be interrupted or interception by third parties that this Portal does not replace the information available through official channels, and those applications and administrative procedures can still be performed directly before the competent body. Accordingly, resorting to this Portal remains at your own risk. In no event shall we be responsible for any kind of loss or damage that you may incur due to using, visiting, relying on any statement, opinion, or advertisement on the Portal, nor we are liable for what may result any delay in operation transmission, connection failure, Internet access difficulties, malfunctions in equipment or software, or the conduct or views of any person who access this Portal. Therefore, you hereby acknowledge and agree that your sole and exclusive way to repair any damage or loss that may occur resulted from your access or use of this Portal is to refrain or discontinue from using or accessing it.
Intellectual Property Rights:
This portal is technically supervised by the Information Technology Department (IT). It is a department affiliated to Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO). Saudi laws of publishing rights, copy, printing, intellectual property, trademarks, and other related legislation and regulations protect all the materials available on this portal, including graphics of information and software (contents).
One of the main objectives of the portal is to increase awareness and enrich the culture of the portal's users and visitors. Therefore, it is allowed only for personal and non-profit usage to benefit from the portal's content and any information published on it. It is necessary to refer that the portal of SASO is the source of that content and that information.
On the other hand, it is not allowed under any circumstances to sell, license, rent, modify, copy, re-print, download, advertise, transfer, distribute, publicly display, edit, or create works derived from any materials or contents from the portal to the public or for commercial purposes without obtaining a previous written approval from SASO.
Modify any contents of the portal is strictly banned. The graphics and images in this portal are protected by publishing rights, and it is not allowed to copy or exploit them in any way without a previous written approval from SASO.
Claims and Compensation:
SASO portal, including the services, information, materials, and functions available in it or that can be accessed via the portal, is provided for your personal use "as available" without any approval, promises, or guarantees of any kind. We cannot guarantee or bear responsibility for any failures, errors, or inaccuracies that may occur from the use of this portal, its contents, or any website linked to it - whether with our knowledge or without it.
Based on that, when conducting any communications or sending any information via this portal, the user will not have the right to own it or the right to guarantee its confidentiality. Any interactive use included in this portal is not intended to guarantee to the user any rights or privileges of any kind. The waiver of SASO for any available right specified under these conditions in one of the places or occasions does not mean in any way an automatically and permanently waiver for any rights in other places and occasions.
Therefore, you acknowledge not to take any action against SASO and release SASO of its responsibility, as well as any bodies, employees or agents who are responsible of managing, maintaining, updating, or providing SASO's portal with regard to all the commitments and responsibilities that may arise in terms of any claim occurring from any violation by the user of the terms and conditions of use or any of the laws in force, whether in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia or the place you live in.
End of usage:
You hereby agree to be subject exclusively to legal authorities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia regarding all claims and disputes arising from using the portal. Note that Arabic will be the official language used to solve any disputes arising from your use of the portal or any of its contents.
General items and terms:
- All available materials and information on the portal are non-profit and for raising-awareness goals.
- The Arabic language is the official language in using the portal and utilizing from all its published materials. The translation of any of these materials aims to provide other service. Therefore, any dispute in explaining the contained content in the portal will not rely on the available translation.
- All laws and regulations published on the portal whether it is specific to SASO or to other bodies may be translated to explain its meanings in order to maximize the benefit. Hereby, you cannot rely on the specific explaining translation to extrapolate any information or details.
- The portal encompasses a number of channels and tools of e-participation, such as forums, opinion polls, comments, blogs, voting system, visitors' comments, personal contributions, phone's massages, and free phone calls all the time.
- Portal administration has set a number of criteria and restrictions on the use of all e-participation channels, which ensure achieving the highest benefit of e-participation principle. Therefore, your usage of these channels considered as permanent acceptance of these criteria and restrictions.
- SASO has the full right to delete or not publish any comments or posts of the portal users when the administration considered them as inappropriate.
- All criteria and restrictions on the use of e-participation channels can be accessed through this page.
- In case of inquiries about the terms of privacy and disclaimer, you can contact the portal administration via the contact form on Contact Us page.
The Electronic Transactions Law
The Anti-Cyber Crime Law
The Essential Cybersecurity controls