(IECEE) Recognition Certificate
It is a document issued by Saudi Standards, Metrology, and Quality Organization (SASO) to confirm that the product/products comply with safety standards according to international standards, depending on a report and a test certificate issued by a laboratory and an accredited granting body by conformity assessment programs (IECEE, IECRE, IECEX), taking into account the national differences.
- Mobiles and their accessories (wire and wireless electric charger, charger used in cars, wireless speakers for cell phones).
- Portable batteries and cell phone batteries.
- Laptop, tablets and their accessories (laptop charger, tablet charger).
- Smart watches
- Electric pumps (with capacity of 5 horses or less).
- Televisions and screens.
- Light and its accessories.
- Technical regulation for electric devices which used in electronic smoking systems.
- Technical regulation of small photovoltaic solar systems.
- Home electric oil fryers.
- Video games devices and their accessories (control devices, wireless speakers, chargers and their accessories).
- Electric water kettles.
- Electric cable.
IECEE conformity assessment program:
It is the International Electro-technical Commission(IEC) system of conformity assessment programs for electro- technical equipment and components.
IECRE conformity assessment program:
It is the IEC system for conformity assessment program (IECRE) for renewable energy.
IECEX conformity assessment program:
It is the IEC system for conformity assessment program (IECEX) for equipment and devices used in explosive atmospheres.
- Filling out the application form for the authorization / renewal of a partial authorization in the IEC certificates Programs.
- Obtaining a valid certificate of acceptance in the field of authorization required by SASO.
- Providing information of the legal structure to the applicant body, including information about its ownership and industrial enterprises or other conformity assessment bodies that contribute or are under the same ownership or part of it.
- The certification body (RECB, EXCB, NBC) must not be in any other country according to the conformity assessment programs of the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) (IECEX, IECRE, IECEE).
- It should not have accredited laboratories under one of the IEC programs to issue test reports.
- Not providing any consulting work for companies to obtain one of the IEC programs certificates issued by SASO.
- Providing a list of technical expertise in accordance with the field of authorization and proof of competence required, to carry out the tasks assigned to them, and commit to involve the only technical experts who have been accepted and approved by SASO and provide the specified number from SASO, and sufficient for the expected work.
- Proving the authority's competence in conformity assessment, experience and awareness with the criteria related to the products included in the conformity assessment programs of the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) (IECEX, IECRE, IECEE). Obtaining accreditation according to the requirements of the International Organization for Standardization ISO / IEC 17065.
- The conformity assessment body should have clear documented policies and work procedures that comply with the IEC regulations, procedures, and the general rules of the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) (IEC CA 01 and IECEE 02, IECRE 02 IECEX 02) and the rules of the conformity assessment programs (IECEE, IECRE, IECEX).
- Providing analysis of risks associated with the services provided to cover the risks resulting from impartiality and non-discrimination in all the evaluation work, including risks related to preserving information covered by professional confidentiality and obtained within the authorization’s field. Even after discontinuation of the tasks assigned to the body or stopping the authorization, which includes auditors, experts and other employees or contractors with the body, and the risks of using the information for different purposes from those stipulated in the regulations and work procedures to assess conformity of goods.