Labs conduct inspection and tests for imported consuming products coming from the custom ports in the Kingdom and from the Ministry of Commerce & Industry which contributes in protecting the citizens and residents from counterfeit products that threaten consumer's safety. Labs also contribute in settling the disputes in certain commercial issues. Labs are considered the laboratorial reference for standards. It applies standards and do some scientific researches on the consuming products.
The role of the Strategic Management focuses on activating the strategic plan and coordinating with the heads of the elements of the Strategic Plan in SASO. Also, ensuring the functioning of the departments in Makkah by applying, developing, and implementing the objectives of the strategic plan according to the time table set by the plan's higher committee.
Services provided by the Department of Information Center : 1. Department of Inquiries and Member Services
A . Inquiries
The department answers all inquiries concerning the tasks and services of the branch, otherwise they are forwarded to the competent authority in the branch if necessary.
As well as marketing for some of the functions and services, urging visitors to get the Quality Mark for their establishments, applying Saudi specifications for their products and providing them with the necessary forms and guidance brochures.
The department is also responsible for providing a detailed explanation for the steps of purchasing specifications through SASO's website for those interested in purchasing specifications.
B. Member services
Following-up with Information Center members, showing them the importance of getting a membership and renewing it. Also, encouraging non-members to subscribe, clarifying membership benefits, such as: getting discounts on prices of standard and publications of SASO in addition to other things. Also, explaining how to sign up and renew the membership from the website.
2. Department of Computer :
A. Technical Support
The department completes all work related to technical support in the field of computer. That is by solving technical problems faceing the staff (in hardware, printers, or in the use of certain computer programs or systems).
B. Work applications of Branch departments
The department creates applications that benefit other departments in facilitating their tasks and converting its work from manual to electronic.
C. Network Support
The department completes everything related to network support and follow-up, whether in the internal web, web, or systems connected with the headquarter in Riyadh.
3. Library :
: Tasks of the Library
1. Working to increase the contents of the library, books and magazines.
2. Receiving incoming publications and recording them in an automatic indexing system in the computer.
3. Alerting the branch's staff on received publications, by photographing the cover as well as the index and sending it to all staff email addresses.
4. Welcoming library visitors who wish to see the publications in the library.
5. Answering all inquiries about the library and what it contains.
6.Sending thank you letters to dedications given to the library.
4. Department of Services of beneficiaries :
1. Entering beneficiaries Data regarding purchasing specifications and issuing bills.
2. Answering public inquiries.
3. Achieving beneficiary satisfaction.
Their main job is to supervise the conformity of goods and materials manufactured locally and imported to standard specifications. the department has two section :
Conformity Department :
: A . Vehicle Inspection Section
Its job is to examine imported second-hand vehicles and to ensure their conformity with the Saudi standards.
: B . Sampling Section
Its job is to get samples from local markets, by performing scheduled inspections, and testing these samples in SASO's laboratories to check their conformity with the Saudi standards.
1. Perform necessary investigations in various branch departments to ensure work safety and the rationalization of performance.
Follow-up Department :
2. Create campaign follow-up inspections of the branch's various departments and its office in Jeddah's Islamic port, to identify cases of violation in functional performance of duties or lax in doing business and then work on correcting tracks.
3. Monitor work progress in the branch to ensure its compliance with the rules regulations and procedures.
4. Examine complaints referred to it by the branch manager about administrative and financial irregularities and other irregularities.
5. Conduct preliminary investigations or participate in investigations disclosed by the censorship, in addition to what is referred to it from the general manager of the branch and serious complaint it receives.
6. Monitor staff work regularity in coordination with personnel matters dept.
7. Communication with the Control and Investigation Commission in regard of SASO's work in accordance with the powers delegated.
8. Follow up the implementation of circulars and instructions to SASO's various departments.
9. Prepare periodic reports (semi-annual and quarterly) on the administrative and technical work, to analyze them, draw conclusions and submit them to the governor of SASO.
10. Organize and save information files for the follow-up department in an easy way.
11. Submit any proposals that would facilitate and improve the functioning of the organization.
12. Implement what is given to the follow-up department to by the General branch Manager.