1. Suggesting the five-year and annual technical teams' plans for preparing SASO standards and technical regulations.
2. Preparing SASO standards and technical regulations mentioned in the approved annual plan.
3. Reviewing periodically SASO standards and technical regulations that have been issued or need to be reviewed, as stated in the team's responsibilities, ensuring that they are meeting the national requirements, checking whether they need to be reviewed and ensuring that they are compatible with international standards as much as possible according to the approved annual plan.
4. Reconsidering all of SASO standards and technical regulations that are issued by SASO in English then were translated according to the approved annual plan, , as stated in the team's responsibilities.
5. Considering SASO standards, which are included in the team's responsibilities, and transforming the type of issuance of some standards required to be SASO technical regulations according to the approved annual plan.
6. Adhering to the method of preparation of SASO standards and technical regulations and to the publication design of SASO standards and technical regulations, taking into account that Arabic version of standards drafts shall be written in classical Arabic and that the technical terms agreed among technical sectors shall be used.
7. Following up the approval of SASO technical regulations and standards drafts approved by SASO’s Board of Directors.
8. Observing activities of the similar technical committees in the international organizations of which SASO is a member (active member or observer member) and representing Saudi Arabia in the international technical committees and working groups according to the procedures approved by SASO.
9. Suggesting formation of working groups and technical groups of the technical team and following up their work.
10. Making or participating in research and studies that serve standardization and which are related to Saudi standards of goods and services in order to achieve important results and applied scientific facts, as they are stated in the team responsibilities.
11. Giving the required technical consultations in the field of standards of certain products or goods, as stated in the team responsibilities.
12. Participating in SASO’s delegations as much as possible in the national, regional and international meetings, conferences and exhibitions, as stated in the team responsibilities, taking into account that their organizations shall bear the participation costs.