King Abdulaziz Quality Award
KAQA Definition :
King Abdul Aziz Quality Award (KAQA) was approved by the King of Saudi Arabia in decree No.7/B/18670 on 27-11-1420H. The Award is intended to maximize quality, efficiency and productivity in different sectors within the Kingdom. It is presented to sectors which achieve the highest level of quality.
The Award in its third version is under the supervision of the Supreme Committee which is chaired by His Excellency the Minister of Industry and Commerce and the membership of the Governor of the Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Org. (SASO) as the Deputy Chairman and Secretary General, in addition to the membership of a number of Deputy ministers and executives from the relevant ministries, such as the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Health as well as the Secretary General of the Council for Saudi Chambers of Commerce and Industry (CSC) and two representatives from the private sector in services and industrial and the Chairman of the Saudi National Quality Committee.
The Award technical support is supervised by the General Committee consists of experts and specialized national individuals in the quality.
KAQA Objectives :
- Promoting the concept of quality and the importance of its application.
- Motivating and encouraging public and private sectors to adopt and apply the principles of total quality management on the national level.
- Maximizing quality in the production and services sectors to increase their competitiveness in the international markets.
- Upgrading organizational leadership to achieve the total management objectives and fulfill their responsibilities.
- Making continued improvements to the performance of all production and services processes.
- Encouraging organizations to comply with the national and international standards.
- Awarding the best organizations which achieve the highest level of quality.
- Increasing organizations involvement in building and serving the society.
- Building strong relationships with customers, employees, suppliers, investors to satisfy them and gain their loyalty by applying the best methodology that help determine and deliver their needs, requirements and expectations.
- Adopting quality strategic planning in order to set business plans and objectives and methods for implementation.
- Training and developing national employees as well as creating satisfactory work environment and upgrading employees' efficiency and technical skills to maximize quality.
- Utilizing all the available national resources to improve operational and economic performance on the organizational level and consequently on the national level.
- Measuring performance level in different business areas (self assessment), comparing it with the performance level of competitors and regularly measuring results improvement.
- Introducing the leading Saudi experiences in the field of quality and creating the opportunity to make use of them.
- Increasing the number of quality specialists (Auditors, technicians, experts).
- Raise the efficiency and competition for national organizations compared with international best practices.
For more information visit www.kaqa.org.sa
4/27/2016 10:36 AM